The City of Lincoln will provide Christmas tree drop-off sites through Monday, Jan. 18 at these locations:
• Ballard Park, 3901 N. 66th St.;
• Holmes Lake Park, South 70th Street and Normal Boulevard, parking lot west of north softball field;
• Oak Lake Park, three blocks south of Cornhusker Highway on North First Street;
• Tierra Park, South 29th Street and Tierra Drive;
• Seng Park at University Place, North 50th and Garland streets;
• Woods Park, South 31st and J streets, southeast corner of the parking lot.
All decorations, tinsel, lights, skirts, disposal bags and stands must be removed from trees. This is the 34th year for the City’s tree drop-off service, the oldest program of its kind in the state. The effort is a collaboration between the Solid Waste Operations Division of the Transportation and Utilities Department and the Parks and Recreation Department.
Boy Scout Troop 8 offers a service to pick up trees and transport them to a City drop-off site. Pickup dates are Jan. 1, 2, 3, 9 and 10. Visit scoutingfortrees.com or call 402-965-1458 to schedule a pickup. Trees should be placed on the front lawn by 9 a.m. The service is free, but donations are appreciated.