Our kitchen may be less attractive or practical than we want, but our budget (or the laziness that a reform gives us) does not allow us to change it. This is not a problem if we are somewhat resourceful and don’t mind spending some time making changes on our own.
Make double use of a piece of furniture with a chest of drawers or a folding spice rack, change the look of the kitchen with a new self adhesive vinyl wall or simply buying a new auxiliary furniture with much more storage can be small details but with great results.
If you dare to give your kitchen a more personal touch and also gain functionality, take a look at these proposals that without investing too much achieve a renewed aspect of the most important room in the house:
Decoration and auxiliary furniture
Y the decoration of your kitchen bores you Or it is simply not your style but you are not up for renovations right now, it is not necessary to settle, you can give it a personal touch with some details. A new side cabinet, a new wall, or even a practical and easy-to-clean rug can completely change the look of your rug, spending the least amount of money.
- A cement wall, which also allows us to use a blackboard if there are children at home is not a very expensive and impossible dream, this vinyl paper is a quite original, practical and cheap option for 24.99 euros per meter.
- Changing the door handles is also a simple way to give our kitchen another look, these that we find on Amazon with several finishes to choose from and with a minimalist design are a fairly inexpensive proposal for 8.93 euros.
Edge Straight 200mm Handle Matt white – Handle for kitchen and bathroom furniture
- Although it may seem impossible, we can also change the floor of our kitchen without making cumbersome reforms, for example, with a vintage look like that of this hydraulic effect vinyl tile that we find in Leroy Merlin for 20.99 euros per meter.
Vinyl tile for kitchen hydraulic effect
- In the same vein and also from Leroy Merlin we have this adhesive and hydraulic style kitchen wall valance. Perfect if you want to give a different touch to the kitchen but without changing the entire wall for 16.99 euros per meter.
Adhesive hydraulic valance
- If we have space we can also add a practical and beautiful piece of furniture to the kitchen, this sideboard with drawers for cutlery or cloths, bottle rack and shelves is a way to decorate and add extra storage for
- But if the budget is not enough for you, a simple well-ordered metal shelf with some elements that provide color (such as cookbooks or plants) can change the kitchen roll completely. This one that we find on Amazon is available for
Amazon Basics Shelf with 5 Shelves, Chrome
- If you don’t feel like changing your flooring entirely with the tiles we mentioned earlier, you can give that trendy retro touch with an easy-clean kitchen rug like this one from La Redoute for
- Following the industrial aesthetics provided by the metal shelf or the concrete wall, we have simpler and less compromising touches like these shelves for the concrete wall from 3.99 euros.
Extra storage, but discreet
Optimizing the storage inside our cabinets may not be the most attractive but without a doubt it is one of the most practical things we can do to improve our kitchen. The order gives peace and with these improvements you will have everything at hand to be able to focus solely on cooking:
- Removable metal basket with rails to take advantage of the typical piece of furniture without shelves (or the lower part of it, as seen in the photo), perfect for storing large kitchen utensils such as kitchenware thanks to its measurements (47 x 23 x 49 cm) for 45.16 euros.
Wenko 5911500 – Pull-out basket for kitchen cabinets (Large size)
- With the same system as the previous one but for narrow furniture (or to get more out of another) we have this metallic spice rack with rails to extract it easily for 36.77 euros.
Emuca – Removable bottle trolley with soft closing, 200 mm cabinet, silver
- Although if you do not feel like complications, you have this extra metal drawer with hook system for shelves, you gain extra storage without any installation and with the minimum investment from 8.11 euros.
Metaltex Shelf ‘KANGURO’ POLYTHERM 30 CMS, Metal, Gray, 30 cm
- Also without installation and to store a greater number of dishes, this metal shelf is perfect to take advantage of the corner of any piece of furniture, optimizing space for 16.26 euros.
Metaltex Corner, Silver, White, 3 Levels
- Recycling can be much more comfortable with this system of bins and trays to take advantage of the typical huge drawer that we hardly ever fill or that is usually a real disaster because we do not use space properly. This system with 3 buckets and some trays for 43.45 euros is a practical and original way to take advantage of the kitchen.
ELLETIPI Metropolis ptc28 06050 3 F C10 PPV Recycling bin with drawer, Gray, 51 x 46 x 28 cm
- Again, without the need to make works or any type of changes, we can make double use of a piece of furniture like the one that is usually under the sink, including this modular shelf for 19.90 euros.
2-tier modular shelving for interior cabinets and furniture (50x70x40 cm)
- Another way to gain storage and have everything in sight is with drawers, specifically these transparent ones that are also stackable, perfect to put in a closet, the pantry or leave them in sight if we prefer.
mDesign Kitchen Organizer Drawer – Plastic Stackable Box for Kitchen Cabinets and Fridge – Kitchen Organizer for Snacks, Pasta, Vegetables, etc. – transparent
- If we do not have space for an extendable spice rack and we do not want to have them in any way in a closet, this simple tray for drawers is an ideal way to keep them organized and at a glance locate the one we want for 16.99 euros.
mDesign Special spice jar shelf for drawer – practical kitchen accessory to organize spices – Spice rack with 3 levels – Color: transparent / metallic
Some of the links posted here are from affiliates. Despite this, none of the articles mentioned have been proposed either by the brands or by the stores, their introduction being a unique decision of the team of editors.
Directly to the Paladar | 25 second sale purchases ideal to put order in your kitchen (spending very little)
Directly to the Paladar | Six golden rules to be more sustainable when cooking (without having to go to the eco store)